Eggs with Legs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarantula cages

2 posters

Go down

Tarantula cages  Empty Tarantula cages

Post by Pluto Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 am

Well, apart from the scorps I have, I made some T cages at the same time to add some variety.
Planning on making three more small ones for the upcoming big spiders (the little 1L tubs below right now) and 4 large ones which can be positioned below what you see. My scorpions are up above in the heat cabine. Heat rises so the higher you go in the cabine, the warmer it gets. Its nice to be able to provide a gradient in temps to allow for different conditions each species has.

P. subfusca will be placed lowest, P ornata middle, H mac high, and all the desert scorp on top.

Tarantula cages  Img0082vf
Pluto
Pluto
Forum Troll

Back to top Go down

Tarantula cages  Empty Re: Tarantula cages

Post by spinnin_tom Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 am

very nice.
where did you find the wood ? did you buy it ?
spinnin_tom
spinnin_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pluto Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Jup they are burned cork bark. Insides got flushed out so the bark itself stays intact. Wonderful hides like that. You can buy them at pet stores. They seem to be safer and less prone to molt as are regular oak barks (cork bark actually is a species of oak tree).

All you need is some cash for a large acrylic sheet, a knife a ruler, sealant, glue gun and cork bark Smile

Cut the sheet, seal and dress like you want it. The spiders itself are very relaxed when they can hide away (at least the species I keep). Positioning and size of the bark is very important so I noticed. Also, an entirely open top covered with mesh seems to upset them.
Pluto
Pluto
Forum Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down